Monday, March 21, 2011

Hurray!



Recent followers of this blog may be familiar with my local shop  a.k.a."The Billy Tea Shop" which has been through the wars recently suffering first a car crash which took out the awning and then a flood which went halfway up the walls. This place also went under all the way up to the roof in the '74 floods. I don't have any shots of that one unfortunately but here's what it looked like in October after the crash...


And then in January...



Well this weekend the little place re-opened. Not much fanfare... just a few balloons but was a small but significant step in the re-building of our little pocket of West End.

Now then: five bucks for 2 litres of milk? Daylight robbery! I'm off to Coles.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Convenience costs but its good news that they are up and running again.

Dianne said...

"Billy Tea" is looking just fine - but 5 bucks for 2 litres of milk!! I think I'd be mozzying down to Coles as well.

Joanna said...

Well, I hope you stop in there and buy SOMETHING, the poor guy's had a really rough time I think. Just some little token to welcome him back.

Leeds daily photo said...

Remembering the car story and the more recent water I think perhaps Joanna has a point. I use the supermarkets here but I also make a point of buying stuff in small local shops too.

Paddy said...

Great to hear that the teashop is open again!
I'm really happy about this. Young nieces have field days in places like this when uncles from overseas get to stay...

Related Posts with Thumbnails