Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Theme Day: Smell


Living in the city, sometimes you need that extra boost in your garden. Late last year a group of us clubbed together to get a truck load of the most rotten, stinking manure you can imagine delivered from the farm to my door. It worked out at A$3 per bag which is a bargain! This was one of the bags that wasn't crawling with maggots - the farmer proudly told me that it was from the bottom of the pile and as stinky and rotten as I was going to get. The garden LOVED it!

Check out other posts for today's City Daily Photo theme here.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Good theme day post.

Julie said...

Great stuff. I have to make my own "green" compost, and it is a race between me and the bandicoots to see who gets the most of it.

Kate said...

Oh, I am SO glad that you choice this part, leaving the maggots to our imagination.

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

Ough. :( I dont't want to smell that ;)

LOLfromPasa said...

Not my favorite scent but it certainly works well in the garden.

William Kendall said...

I can just imagine the smell.

Related Posts with Thumbnails