Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Aloe Again!

After my month away it was brilliant to be greeted by blooming Aloe Veras in the garden. The last time they flowered was 3 years ago... and come to think of it, I was away on holiday then too. I wonder if I am cramping their style?

Anyway it's lovely ...if a bit of a culture shock... to be back in Brisbane. While I was away I had a couple of expressions of interest from people who have wanted to use my pictures in magazines and presentations which is a big compliment. Thanks to those concerned for emailing and asking permission.

I'm looking forward to getting back out there and taking some snaps for you (and me). After my month off I'm feeling pretty refreshed. I didn't go near a computer the whole time I was away although I must confess to taking about 1100 photos ...yikes. I've got my work cut out for me.

5 comments:

Steve Capelin said...

Welcome back. West End has missed your eyes. We're having a wonderful start to spring.
steveofdoris

the foto fanatic said...

Welcome home! Hope we get to see some of those pix!

AquaMarina said...

welcome back cara - I've missed my daily fix of brizzy:)

paul said...

Beautiful capture of that aloe, nice and sharp and great control of the background. Welcome back and congratulations on well-deserved recognition of your images!

Joanna said...

Greedily, I'm very happy to see you back posting. I must admit that I've missed seeing your always interesting and beautiful photos. But, I'm also glad that you've had your time away from the computer - I think we all need that once in a while! I've never seen an Aloe Vera blooming. Around here, Aloe are just small houseplants. So, I'm greeted on your return by a wonderful new sight for me. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails