Monday, January 31, 2011

Surprise!

My back garden has been a mess recently. After we cleaned up the flood mess, it became a place of storage. Our rescued kitchen contents sitting in old cupboards on top of the garden table. Over them was a tarp held down by plant pots with limp flood-worn Aloe Vera in them. My job yesterday was to not venture into the garden (thank goodness) but to get the remainder of our belongings out of the flat and into the stairwell in preparation for the tiler. I was about to grab a broom and start clearing a spot for our stuff but all my fella was doing was try to get me into the garden to discuss the cupboards. I ended up following him all the while saying "what do you mean we can leave the cupboards with the stuff in here why are you worrying about this stuff it's already out of the flat" etc. Then...

Surprise! I walked out to a garden table with a beautiful cloth on it laden with food and drinks and  friends cheering. What a treat! It's my birthday today but I had pretty much decided to postpone it until we had moved back in someone even brought some fresh yabbies (pictured).

14 comments:

Julie said...

Wuhoo ... what a fella ... and what friends. You've probably aged years in the last month!

Hope those yabbies were not local. Been reading lots of scarey shit about stuff in your water up there - literally.

Happy birthday!

the foto fanatic said...

Happy birthday! What a lovely surprise - I bet you enjoyed!

Good luck with rest of cleanup.

Owen said...

A very happy birthday to you Cara !

Bon appetit !

Inner Artist said...

Happy birthday, Cara! And what a lovely fella you have. Thanks for the enjoyment I get from looking at your photos each day. It was especially nice to have reminders of home while I was overseas for 4 months recently. Good luck with the clean-up/re-build.

Dianne said...

Hi Cara -This is my first visit to your lovely blog and it's your Birthday. Happy Birthday!! What a lovely surprise Yabbies - my favourite.
"Adelaide and Beyond"

Alan said...

Happy Birthday. Keep the great pics coming!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday. How lovely..a surprise party!

Ann said...

Awwww, how lovely. Happy Birthday!

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday Cara. A surprise party was a perfect happy time to take your mind off the past few weeks. But I know you have more work to do, so..... (whenever you're ready)

Steve Capelin said...

Happy birthday Cara (mine on thursday). I was waiting for the punchline thinking the yabbies might have been lurking down the bottom of your back yard.
I'm still not sure which house is yours but it obviously went under. Hope the rain holds off while you get everything sorted.
I'm hoping to put something into Avid's photo display (mine will be words and images - but definitely not to your quality).
I had a look at Kev's photo piece. What a great selection. He's a clever Guy.

Mark said...

Happy Birthday Cara, what a great surprise!

Lauren in Brisbane said...

How wonderful.

AquaMarina said...

Happy Birthday Cara! I thought you were going to say you found those critters in the garden - well you did, but not in the way that I was anticipating!! Hope you had a lovely meal and celebration!

Mrs BC said...

What a wonderful surprise! Happy Birthday! I really enjoy your blog.

Mrs BC
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails