Saturday, May 23, 2009

Greek Tragedy!

Today's title is from the main headline of the local paper. This year's Greek Festival, Panyiri, was due to take place today but has been cancelled at the last minute due to the dodgy weather we've been having such as a third of our annual rainfall on Tuesday. They're going to hold it in July instead.

Way back when I first started this blog I made a rash promise of getting a picture of the record-breaking Zorba dance that they do at festival every year. Other fun stuff includes So You Think You Can Dance Greek and an olive and honeypuff eating competition (hopefully not together). As I leave Brisbane today, I had thought I was going to miss out on this year but the not so tragic news is I will be back from my travels in time to get the pictures for you! Lovely.

So in lieu of today's festival, as a tribute to Brisbane's large and established Greek community, I have gone for something with a Greek flavour... a subtle little place, this. Any resemblance to the Acropolis is purely co-incidental! Its a restaurant and a social club with an excellent elevated people-watching aspect. The food is supposed to be great here too. It's on my to-do list...

Posting magically continues despite me being on me hols. Back in late June.

3 comments:

Mrs Santa said...

Bon Voyage Cara

Hilda said...

That's a club? Wow.

I'm glad you'll be back for the festival. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Happy vacation!

Jim said...

Authentic looking club.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Related Posts with Thumbnails