Friday, December 10, 2010

U2 at Suncorp Stadium

Note to self: get a point and shoot camera to take to gigs of monumental importance. They made me check my camera in at the cloak room because it had a detachable lens and was therefore a professional recording device.

Other than that it was a spectacular night. No rain but plenty of heat, lights, dry ice, sweat, cheers, screams and whistles. All of which were amplified for me any time anything pre-1987 was played. I have sore feet and a hoarse voice today.

Thanks for Oriana for letting me use her picture.

6 comments:

the foto fanatic said...

The rules that some venues impose are illogical.

These days point & shoot cameras and even some smart phones can take excellent images and even video, which my "professional" cameras don't.

Makes the whole exercise rather stupid in my view.

At least you enjoyed the concert!

Stefan Jansson said...

Very cool. I loved the two first albums, Boy and October. Glad you had a great time.

Kris McCracken said...

Saw them in '93 at the MCG. They put on quite a show!

Randy said...

I would love to see them in concert.

biebkriebels said...

Cool, I have seen them once in Amsterdam with BB King.

Brissiemum2 said...

I put my camera in my handbag...it isn't a DSLR but is a mid-sized one...bigger than a point and shoot (not that I know how to use it!). I went through the turnstile and they didn't even ask to see in my bag. Not once did I get checked or stopped. I couldn't work out if that was a good thing or not. But I did love the concert!

Related Posts with Thumbnails