Saturday, March 3, 2012

Getting off to a flying start


Queensland has some of the best swimmers in the world and no wonder - the weather is perfect for it! From the time most kids can crawl and often before, they are chucked into a pool and taught how to save themselves... and it goes from there.

Once a week on these warm summer evenings we all hang out, cook a BBQ and watch our offspring spring off into the school pool and swim like little fishies. From aged 6 to aged 12, in races of 25m or 50m: back stroke, breast stroke, freestyle and butterfly...  And nearly all of them swim better and faster than I could now.

6 comments:

Photos by Stan said...

False start??? Neat shot -- interesting coloration. I am a dedicated swimmer myself, so pools are where I love to go. [Check my blog site for the April Fool Pool image.]

Gunn said...

Unique action shot!!:)

Mozette said...

Woah... I mustn't be like most Aussies. I learned to swim at Laurie Laurence's Swimming School at Springwood where it all began (and where and Aldi stands now)but I was known as a brick. I had absolutely no buoyancy, no co-ordination and no clue on how to save myself, except to sink to the bottom of the pool like a stone! :(

Now.... my brother? He's a fish... he was taught by Laurie himself and can swim 'til the end of time! :D

Douglas Scown said...

Hi Cara. Enjoying the shots. BTW I bought one! I'll bring it around for a play date when it's delivered. If you're keen get a cheap external mic from ebay and I'll show you the basics. Doug

AL said...

Great action shot here Cara...that sky colour is wonderful.

Z said...

Collors are stunning!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails