Monday, March 26, 2012

Autumn Shadows



The clocks changed in England last night and it reminded me about how subtle the change in season is here. Queensland doesn't have daylight saving and if you are used to big seasonal changes you might not even notice the difference between summer and autumn. Generally here in the autumn months the nights get a little bit chilly so that you might need a blanket. The sun is supposed to shine a bit more than the cloudy, wet summer and the overall humidity of the past couple of months lifts. Good news for shadow shots! This one was taken in the local school playground. I like the defined leaves and the "bokeh" leaf shadows too!



7 comments:

Julie said...

I will take this as a subliminal comment ... *grin* ...

Joanna said...

I like it too, very subtle just like you described the season changes.

Annie said...

gosh, I sure notice the difference between summer and autumn..give me autumn any day, cooler nights, wonderful, less humidity, great, less than 30 degree days..hooray! So much better than a Queensland summer!

mackinnon06 said...

Hi Cara - I've recently discovered your blog and really enjoy popping over to see your fantastic photos.

As a Melbourne gal now living in Bris, your photos and comments are definitely helping me appreciate all the gorgeous, interesting and diverse things Brisbane has to offer, and if I take the time to explore, many of the things I crave from Melb can be found here too.

I'm living in W'gabba and especially love your local photos from here and West End.

Thank you!
Rebecca

Andrew Brisbane said...

Hi, I just stumbled across this blog and love the pics. Will definately return to check regularly.

cara said...

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the blog. Any suggestions welcome.

Alan said...

Lovely, abstract pic, Cara!

Related Posts with Thumbnails