Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Traffic Stopping Art (number 9)


The guy immortalised on the box is the former premier of Queensland, Peter Beattie. He was premier here for 9 years up until 2007 and is something of an institution in Queensland politics. He once described himself as a "media tart" which leads me to wonder if maybe he commissioned this box himself.
What's that on top of the box, you say? A used nylon stocking, of course...

For other signal box art, click on the TSBs label below.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that term, "Media Tart." I also like the box.

Anonymous said...

Cool art. Hope you are safe from the flooding at present.

cara said...

Thanks for your concern, Mo - we're pretty lucky here in Brisbane. The monsoonal floods are in the north of the state about 1200kms north of here and the fires are 1600kms south.

Annie said...

ah, ole Peter Beatty...and now the US have him!

Annie

Martin MY said...

I have added you to my blog roll of honour on my photoblog site. Roll on Photobloggers, great for dyslexics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails