Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sun State Roller Girls Need You...

...At least that's what the flyer they handed me said. I think it's probably best for all involved if I give it a wide berth. You can see them skate in a full-contact all girl roller derby in Beenleigh Arena on Halloween - and if you dress up for it you might win a prize!

So these chicks looked fabulously formidable rolling down Boundary Street on Saturday during West End Live.... a few people (men especially) stared, fascinated... up close they were really friendly and chatty. I don't know all of their names but 2nd from the left is "Slawta Dawta" and on the far right is "Blitznvixen". Join them, watch them, read about them at www.sunstaterollergirls.com.

3 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I used to roller skate a lot, but don't think the derby is for me, then or now. Sure does look like a fun bunch and would be great to watch.

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks like a fine bunch of roller girls.

Anonymous said...

The Sun State Roller Girls will bout against the North Brisbane Rollers on November 28 for anyone that missed out on the halloween bout.

Related Posts with Thumbnails