Thursday, July 7, 2011

All That Glitters


Well the TV was on in the background last night so I was sort of watching it. And then I got really into it. Queensland ended up beating New South Wales 34-24 to clinch the rugby league State of Origin title which makes it now 6 years in a row. Suncorp Stadium was host to 52,498 screaming fans - the vast majority of them Queensland supporters.

By the way, this statue is of Wally Lewis, a former Queensland coach and player who is something of a living legend around here. Last night, to great fanfare, another legendary player, Darren Lockyer, hung up his boots. I'd say it wont be long before they stick a statue of him up around Suncorp somewhere.

Phew! Far too much attention to sport for my liking. Back to normal programming tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rae Walter said...

Great title for this post Cara. Can't say that rugby is my game of choice, but certainly enjoying the cycling at the moment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails