Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yule-kulele jam


On Thursday night we trotted down to The Joynt on Montague Road for a festive final BUMS meeting of the year (that's Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society). We played Santa Baby which turned out really well - and a stonking rendition of Blister In The Sun by the Violent Femmes (not very Christmassy but still lots of fun). It helps that we have a double bass and some very good ukulele players amongst us who carry the others. You can't hear the wrong chords at all. At one point I had been confidently strumming away and concentrating on the words projected overhead - then I looked down to see my hand curled into the right shape but in the wrong position... which would have been resulting in a deliciously awful dischord. I am getting better, though!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Excellent! The music is secondary ... but YOU know this already. I like the word 'stonking' but to me it means foot stamping, sweating, laughing fun. Now I need to check how you are goind to use 'yule' tomorrow ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails